MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced people to fill the following
post that have arisen at Masvingo City.
Job Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Salary Grade : 13
Reports To : Town Clerk
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
➢ Be a holder of at least a degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent
➢ Possession of a Project management Diploma is a distinct advantage
➢ 5 “O” Levels including English Language and Mathematics
➢ At least 3 years’ experience in Monitoring and evaluation in a large organization
➢ Proficiency in Microsoft packages
➢ Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum
➢ Clean class 4 driver`s licence
➢ Excellent in verbal and written communication skills and be a team player
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report on programs and projects performance indicators and monitoring frameworks.
- Generate, collate and review weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Develop and implement M&E plans, systems, procedures and policies.
- Monitor and research on internal and external developments impacting the Council`s
strategic plan and crafting recommendations for organizational goals to be realized.
- Participate in performance indicators monitoring and Data Quality Audits (DQA).
- Lead in the designing of data collection tools and carry out data collection exercises on
primary and secondary data.
- Provides inputs towards the monitoring of activities, outcomes and outputs and validity
- Ensuring accurate data collection, collation, storage, analysis and reporting.
- Review Monitoring indicators to suit operational changes and ensure a strict end-to-end
Monitoring of processes.
- Undertake regular and periodic review of the implementation and operation of the
monitoring and reporting mechanism including the preparation of best practices and
- Provide ongoing support on new Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies.
- Conducting capacity building, mentoring and coaching on Monitoring and Evaluation
processes, tools and database management system functionalities
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and
certified copies of certificates to reach the undersigned through posting or hand delivery on or
before 24 November 2023.
Eng. E. Mukaratirwa
P.O. Box 17
Advert Number: 58/202